Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos



Fresh Jalapenos 2-3 inches in size
Softened cream cheese
Raw regular bacon, sliced into thirds (or longer if you want it to wrap around the jalapeno more)

Cut the jalapeno in half length wise. Remove the seeds and white membrane. Leave some seeds if you like things hot. Smear softened cream cheese into each half of jalapeno. Wrap jalapeno in 1/3 bacon slice. Secure by sticking a toothpick through the middle. At this point you can freeze them if you'd like in a ziploc bag.
Bake on a cookie sheet with a rack at 375 for 20-25 minutes. if the bacon does not look done after 20 minutes broil it for a few minutes. Served just out of the over is best. Room temperature still tastes good too.

3 comments:

Apples and Butter said...

those look delicious! I'm making some bacon wrapped dates this weekend, but now I may have to throw some jalapenos in the mix!

Grace said...

I never had this, but I'm sure I will love this because I love bacon.
Have a nice day. :)

Grace said...

I never had this, but I'm sure I will love this because I love bacon.
Have a nice day. :)