Thursday, October 30, 2008

I do not know the name for this; we'll call it Yummo Chinese Chicken

My mom gave me this receipe. It is one of her favorites. She talks about it all the time, so we decided to try it. Joshua came home and said that he was not hungry and would not be eating dinner. I made this and he ended up having two helpings. This is a quick and easy 20 minute meal using ingredients that are usually laying in your cupboards anyway.

8 0z. angel hair pasta
2 cups broccoli
1 lb. chicken
1/2 cup Asian Toasted Sesame dressing (Kraft)
2 T. soy sauce
1/4 t. ginger, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper
1/3 cup chopped peanuts
Top individual servings with sesame seeds if desired.

Brown chicken. Add dressing, soy sauce, and spices. Let simmer for a moment. Add broccoli and peanuts just long enough to soften the broccoli. Place on top of cooked noodles. Top individual servings with sesame seeds if desired.

I love mushrooms, so we added those. My kids do not like nuts, so I gave them their food and then added the nuts to ours.

2 comments:

Apples and Butter said...

I adore Asian flavors and something that can be whipped quickly is all the better! I've never used Kraft's dressing. Anything that it might be similar to that I could use as a stand-in?

Alissa Nicolau said...

I tried this out over the weekend. We loved it! I had planned on taking a photo but we devoured everything so, no photo.

I went to the market to buy the Kraft dressing but I didn't write the name down and none of them sounded right so... I chose something different. I used Maple Grove Farm of Vermont's Sesame Ginger dressing. I also added cabbage, asparagus and mushrooms. Thought I should increase the liquid with the amount of veggies. I added Oyster Sauce and Rice vinegar. A little here, a little there! Cesar thought the taste was delicate. We'll make it again.